Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Paleo Chocolate Pudding

"Paleo chocolate pudding"... it sounds a bit like an oxy moron, doesn't it? It can't be pudding and healthy... can it?? 

It can. 

This recipe may be a bit unconventional and contain ingredients that you never thought should go into a pudding, but don't bash it until you try it!

Pudding mixes that you buy from the grocery store are loaded with every kind of chemically modified sugar and other ingredients that I can't even pronounce the name of (something I try to avoid whenever possible). It scares me a little that when you add water to a powder, you get pudding. I don't know how that happens, but I'd rather there not be that much science behind something as simple as pudding. 

This recipe is dairy-free and has no artificial sweeteners, so it's good for your tummy- both inside and out. So don't worry, you can eat this pudding on that "pre-spring break" diet that you are pretending to stick to. 

I was a bit skeptical at first, but this treat turned out to be such a delicious surprise. It has a thick consistency, it's rich in chocolate-y flavor, and tastes so good with a little sliced fruit on the side. 


What you'll need:

  • 1 ripe avocado (don't worry, you wont taste it! It just adds creamy texture)
  • 2 ripe bananas 
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp vanilla 
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 cup coconut milk (more or less, depending on how thick you like yo puddin')
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup honey 

What you need to do:


1. Blend the avocado and bananas in a food processor. 

2. Put all the other ingredients in, then blend those up too. 



THAT'S IT. And look how pretty it looks. 

Note #1: This is how I liked my pudding, but everyone is different. Play around with the ratios of all the ingredients to get it just how you like it- just throw a little more of this or that in the food processor and make the recipe your own! 

Note #2: The pudding definitely tasted better when I let it sit in the fridge overnight, but that didn't stop me from eating some right away. I may or may not have cut my tongue by licking the food processor blade... I couldn't help myself. 

I got this recipe via word of mouth, so I have no website to link. See how fun sharing food and recipes can be? Spread the noms :)

Video goodie of the day: I like to pretend that my stuffed animals can move, like in Toy Story, and I'd like to believe that ponies have dance moves like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment