Friday, February 7, 2014

Obligatory first blog post

I’m an excitable person… kind of like a puppy. A puppy that gets fixated on Disney movies, loose leaf tea, candles, anything with an elephant print, Ron Swanson quotes, making travel plans for imaginary trips… you get the point…a lot of things.

But mostly, I just really love food. I get more excited about my weekly trips to my favorite locally-sourced grocery store than most girls would about… oh, I don’t know, Bradley Cooper holding an armful of puppies (realizing now that this may just be my dream).

I have a passion for sharing food with my friends and family. I spend way too much of my time and money, both of which are very limited, on finding new things to cook. When I should probably be studying for my upcoming test, I find myself pouring through food blogs to find the perfect recipe for a paleo granola. The money I could be spending to see a movie with friends, I use to buy grass-fed beef to make chili in my crockpot that I love too much.

In my mind, these things are important and deserve my time and money. The effort that I put in now will be worth it in the long run, when eating habits really matter. The food we consume on a daily basis has a huge impact on the way we live our lives, and I want to eat food that makes my brain, body, and taste buds happy!

That being said, my puppy-like adoration is becoming too much for my immediate friends and family to handle. I want to share my love of food with anyone who is willing to read these blog posts filled with recipes, stories, food adventures, and the occasional cute puppy picture.



I mean, come on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment